We, SCP Parking respects the privacy rights of all customers across all aspects of our business.
This policy tells you how we collect, use, distribute, manage and protect your personal information. We encourage you to read this policy carefully so that you understand our information handling practices.
Information we collect
In order to provide you with services, we may need to collect and use personal information about you or others. If we are not provided with all the personal information we request, we may not be able to provide our services or may only be able to provide limited services to you.
We collect personal information when you register as a member of our SCPOSPS (SCP Parking Online Season Payment System).
The extent and type of information we collect and handle may include your name, address, email address, mobile number, date of birth, gender, employment status, parking status and other preferences. If you use our SCPOSPS, we may also collect your credit card details and billing addresses.
Purpose of collection
Whenever possible, we collect personal information directly from the individual concerned.
We collect personal information for the following purposes:
- to identify users of our service, potential users and their representatives;
- to provide our services;
- to develop and implement initiatives to improve our services;
- to seek your opinions or comments about our services;
- to inform you and others about offers or other benefits from our SCP Group (including third party benefits) that may become available
- to carry out our management, administrative, quality assurance and complaint handling activities in a professional and efficient manner
- to conduct consumer and market research
- to follow up or pursue any queries you make.
Disclosure of personal information
We will not disclose personal information to a third party or a supplier that is not a related entity unless:
- the disclosure is for a primary purpose for which the information was collected;
- the individual concerned has consented to the disclosure;
- the third party is our agent, service provider or contractor, in which case we will require them to disclose and to use the personal information only for the purpose for which it was disclosed;
- the third party is a person involved in a dealing or proposed dealing (including a sale) of all or part of our assets and business;
- the third party is a credit reporting agency, your creditor, banker, financier, credit provider, mortgage insurer or trade insurer;
- the disclosure is to a related body corporate, supplier or business partner; or
- the disclosure is permitted, required or authorised by or under law.
We may use personal information to advise the individual concerned of new products and services and marketing initiatives that we think may be of interest to them. This may include product or service offerings, newsletters and general information about us or third parties.
Those who prefer not to receive information about such products and services can either:
- contact us and ask to be removed from the relevant circulation list. Contact details for our SCPOSPS department appear at the end of this policy; or
- follow the unsubscribe directions in the relevant electronic message. Following unsubscribe, your details will be removed with a 24 hour period.
Quality & Correction
At all times we strive to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If at any time you believe the personal information that we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, you should let us know. We will use all reasonable efforts to correct the information. Alternatively, you may do this at any time by logging into www.scpparking.com.my and clicking on the user management portal.
If at any time you want to know what personal information we hold about you, you are welcomed to request access to that information by contacting us at the contact details listed below. However, where:
- the access impacts on the privacy of others;
- the request for access is frivolous or vexatious;
- there are existing or anticipated legal proceedings; or
- such access can be denied under law or by a law enforcement agency,
If we deny your request for access, we will inform you the reasons for our decision thus may open you up to further controversy usually the decision gives us reasons. We may also charge a fee to cover the reasonable costs we incur in processing your request.
Security of Personal Information
Access to personal information is limited to those of our personnel who specifically need it to carry out their business responsibilities.
We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure all personal information which we hold about you and to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration. Any personal information you provide to us electronically is stored on secure servers. Our employees are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
Website & Cookies
To ensure we are meeting the needs and wants of our website users, and to develop our online services, we may collect aggregated information by using cookies or similar electronic tools.
We may update or change this policy at any time. When we do so, we will publish the current policy on our website. The amended policy will apply between us whether or not we have given you specific notice of any change.
We are committed to constantly improving our procedures so that personal information is treated appropriately. If you feel that we have failed to deal with your personal information in accordance with this policy, please speak to us so that we have an opportunity to resolve the issue to your satisfaction.
If you wish to access any personal information that we hold about you, or have a query about this policy, please contact our SCPOSPS department.